AndyfromSpiny

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I've been assimulated!


Ahhhh, it's been soooooo long since I posted. Actually, it's been sooooooo long since I did anything other than get blind steaming drunk and watch a shed load of movies and generally just sit in a chair doing nothing!!
It's my leg you see! When you have a leg brace that goes all the way from the tips of your toes to the end of your days you'll understand that I've been limited in certain aspects of everyday life!!!!
I'll give you some examples...
1, I cant go to work.
2, I cant gig (although there has been one minor forey onto the stage during my recuperation).
3, I cant shag!!!
4, I cant do any excercise. (see no.3)

Now number 3 is the one playing on my mind the most!!! The subject in question has been attempted on 2 occasions since my operation only to be accompanied by fits of hysterical laughter and a strange rattling sound coming from my right leg!!! It's goin to take a hell of a lot of charm and flowers to get the young lady in question into my appartment ever again!!

Also since my last post Spiny Norman have had 2 gigs! Both quite interesting but in totally different ways.
The first was before my operation and was in a place that will remain nameless to protect the innocent (and to stop the guilty from burning down my appartment!). It was actually in a place not far from where Spiny's drummer (the infamaous Delbut) lives. That says it all really. There were kids at this gig who were snorting cocain off the windowsill of the toilets!!!! Yes, a quality establishment! But, like the true pros that we are we gave it our all and the crowd absolutely loved us (both of them!!). We got out alive and even more surprisingly (according to our agent) we got full pay, which apparently very rarely happens at this particular venue!!

The second gig was for a close personal friend of Delbuts and that is the only reason I did the gig cos it was only 6 days after my operation and it was pure agony for me! It was a good gig tho, the wedding guests really enjoyed themselves and even tho I was in pain throughout the show I really enjoyed it too. This was mainly due to the fact that because I couldn't drive to the gig I was able to drink alcohol during the show!! At one point I had 3 bottles of Champagne at the foot of my mic stand and by the end of the gig I had 3 empty bottles of Champagne at the foot of my mic stand. It was a fun night!! Here's me at the gig:


It was an Hawiian theme, that's why we are dressed like Magnum pi.

Also in the past few weeks I've discoverd ebay!!!!!!!!

I have bought so much crap you wouldnt belive it!! There was one particular piano up for sale recently but I happen to know the seller and I wouldnt trust him as far as I can throw him!!!

I saw a Bon Jovi gig on tv the other day and Johnny boy was wearing a rather fetching suede/leather tan colourd shirt. "Now that's just the garment for me" I suggested to myself. So I went searching for leather shirts on ebay!!!! BIG MISTAKE!!! Now I am in no way homaphobic! "Each to his own and the world will be a better place" is my motto. But you should see the hit's I was getting on there!! There are all sorts of wonderful leather "garments" on there that are shall we say, designed for the more "outgoing" of my fellow men. Then I started to wonder about my old mate John Bon Jovi who I had seen and admired only a few hours earlier?? "NO! Surely not" I screamed!! But when you look at his initials and then see his microphone handling skills it does make one wonder!

Anyway, I have 124 bids on at the moment so keep your fingers crossed for me!!

I'm on a roll now so you might want to go make a cup of coffee and then come back!

Spiny have never been so busy as we have been this year. This is really good for us but it has meant that our set-list has become a bit stuck in it's ways. We just havent had much time to rehearse any new material. Delbut keeps having loads of ideas for songs but when he turns up to rehearsals he has forgotten what they were ( he's getting on in life these days and his memory isnt what it used to be!) Del has a good knowledge of rock music and I'm sure he'll come up with the goods when we all meet up next!!

My brother (big-Al and lead singer with Spiny) has a large repetoir too, but he cant get the strings for it these days!!

(oooh Del, he's also just bought a drum kit too!!!)

Right, time for me to go now, a friend of mine just called to say he saw one of the members of Spiny Norman trying to pick up two men in a pub in Cardiff last night!! This cant be big-Al.....he isn't strong enough!

Later dudes. I have to go now, my Doctor says I mustn't lift anything heavier than a bottle of beer, and I must abide by doctors orders!

9 Comments:

  • Awww! I'm sorry to hear about your leg, I hope it heals up. Glad you had a great gig though.
    Thanks for dropping by, it's good to hear from you again. I've been busy with college, and I am trying to catch up with blogging.
    So did you hear about the Who having their own channel on Sirius? I'm listening to it as I type here, it's great! You should get the free trial so you can hear it for three days. Unfortunately I am not going to be able to purchase it, so I only have until tuesday midnight to listen to it.
    I'll be back when I have free time again.

    Take care.

    By Blogger Metalchick, at 12:02 am  

  • aw, so sorry to hear about your leg.
    You're lucky you didn't fall down and break the other one at the wedding!
    Take care of yourself,
    Sue

    By Blogger Suesjoy, at 11:58 am  

  • PS Tell Del he needs to take Gingko Biloba to enhance his memory (and prevent Alzheimer's!).
    :)

    By Blogger Suesjoy, at 12:01 pm  

  • dear Bidder.

    your bid for the 9" whirling vibrator has been successful. please send £12.40 direct to the seller - delbut's mum.

    We recommend that you wash it first.

    Thank you for using Ebay in your quest to have the tackiest flat contents in Cardiff.

    Your other bids for: "Sex while in calipers" by Douglas Bader and "here is the 4th chord you have been looking for" learn and play in a decade book by AL will be ending soon.

    good hunting.

    By Blogger Delbut, at 12:48 pm  

  • P.S.

    you should have gone straight to the oral sex thing. Just promise her you will give her some loving when you're better.

    Always works for me.

    By Blogger Delbut, at 12:50 pm  

  • Well, with the boys, anyway.

    By Blogger Delbut, at 12:50 pm  

  • ::Stands in the patients doorway, one hand on hip, the other waving 375 pages of retracted Ebay bids::

    Andy, do you realize how much it COSTS to run these even when people renege on them???????

    ::Huffs and sits down in the chair next to him and his contraption::

    Oh nevermind. You're forgiven. I'll just sell them all to the other highest bidder named Dellbut. ::Wrinkles nose:: That name sounds familiar doesn't it?

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 4:17 am  

  • PS Is your leg OK yet? :(

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 4:18 am  

  • PPS When I first got on EBay I didn't realize you weren't supposed to bid on 6 of the same items all at once. I am now the proud owner of 6 Sony Minidisc recorders.


    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 4:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home