AndyfromSpiny

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The good old days?!!

That's it!! Summer's over!!! We had 2 weeks of sun and now the cloud has returned with a vengance bringing rain and floods!!!! Well that's what you get for living in Wales I guess!! Bugger.
Nevermind. The weekend looms large and it should be a good 'un. We have the 3rd place game in the World Cup between the Germans and the Theatrical Portugese (I say "theatrical" because I cant spell "cheating bastards"!) on Saturday night, then we have the final between the French and the Italians on Sunday night! I have a day off work on Monday so I intend to have a good weekend!
Now in my younger days (a long LONG time ago) a good weekend used to consist of getting home from work, a quick dab of Blue Stratos behind the ears, clean underware and if I was feeling particularly lucky I would have a bath regardless of whether I'd already had one that week or not!! Then it would be out into Cardiff with the lads! It was like 7 Brides for 7 Brothers! We would meander amoungst the night-clubs and bars trying to look cool in a shirt that didnt fit and shoes that were impossible to dance in!
Now, I can dance!!!!! Infact, when I was giving Ricky Martin dance lessons recently he commented on how good a mover I really was!! But back then it was break-dancing that was all the rage, and when I tried doing that I looked like a frog in a blender and I did my back in, so I used to concentrate on the slower, more seductive numbers like Lionel Ritchie's "Hello". This soflty soflty approach was usually a hit with the ladies who by this time of night were so drunk they didnt care who they were dancing with as long as they could get a free drink! (classy company eh??). Then after some smoothe talking (or begging, depending on the girl!) it would be time to invite her back to Chez Andy for coffee and show her my then fledgeling collection of odd socks (I only had three back in those days, but it was a start!!)
Sadly those days are gone now, these days it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!! The last time I went into a disco some kid got up and offered me a seat!!! Sad innit! Nevermind though! At my age it's more about quality than quantitiy, the exuberance of youth may be just a distant memory these days, but I still have my moments!!

I was going to write something interesting at the beggining of this post, but I've totally forgoten what it was, I got so lost in memories there for a sec that I've gone blank!
That's another sign of getting old, your memory starts playing up!!!!
Only 10 days untill the next Spiny Norman gig!! BRING IT ON!!!!

5 Comments:

  • Andy,
    Your dating recollections are quite hilarious. My brother told me once that all it takes in the UK to be successful with men is to not look like Ernest Borgnine and have good teeth, which you are sadly confirming with your stories.

    Theatrical is a kind word towards the Portugese national team, but yes, I think for once, the English may well be happy with the French for something!

    Good luck with your upcoming gig!

    Cheers,
    AM

    By Blogger Anne-Marie, at 4:45 pm  

  • I am still waiting for the important part to the post ~wink~ OH- that would be MY comment!! LOL.

    You are hysterical! Bring it!

    XX-M.

    By Blogger Fleur de Bee, at 7:52 pm  

  • Great stories Andy. How many odd sox you got now?

    Oh! I got a gig in 3 days!! Karaoke party in MY YARD!!! I should blog about it LOL

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 5:45 am  

  • Lace,
    I'm not sure how many I got at the moment, why don't you come over and help me count 'em?? ;-)
    I'll light some candles, put on some soft music, and I'll even supply the rubber gloves to handle the socks!
    You're tempted....aren't you?
    A x

    By Blogger Spiny, at 8:15 am  

  • Spiny said...
    Lace,
    I'm not sure how many I got at the moment, why don't you come over and help me count 'em?? ;-)
    I'll light some candles, put on some soft music, and I'll even supply the rubber gloves to handle the socks! You're tempted....aren't you?
    A x


    Uhm... er... emm... they won't turn black if I do, will they?!?

    :P

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home