AndyfromSpiny

Friday, June 30, 2006

Portugese for the day???

England play in the Football World Cup Quarter-final tomorrow (that's soccer by the way!!) . They are playing Portugal and I have split loyalties! Now, I am Welsh, and traditionally Welsh people dont support England in anything! I however am not that way inclined. Obviously when it comes to sport I will support my fellow Celts (Scots and Irish) whenever they play the English, but when it come to playing Johnny Foreigner I will back England.......BUT.....I have suddenly developed a huge craving for Nando's Chicken!!!!! Nandos is a chain of restaurants that sells Portugese Piri-Piri Chicken, and, in my humble opinion it is the food of the Gods! It is kinda like the thinking man's KFC!!! You get three choices of heat in yer chicken, Medium, Hot, or Very Hot!! I tend to go for the Hot option!
Now then, the reason I might not support England is due to the fact that there is this rather scrummy waitress in my local Nandos who would frown deeply if I was to support England before her beloved Portugal! I know this particular young lady has the hot's for yours truely cos she keeps giving me extra chicking wings for free when I get a take-away! So I think that just for a few hours tomorrow afternoon I will pop to the local pub with her and show my undying support for that little strip of land just off the Spanish coast! After that I might even treat her to a meal (Nandos of course!!) and then ask her back to my place to show her my collection of odd socks (I might even give her one!!). We'll see how it goes.
In the meantime I thoroughly recommend Nandos, especiaaly if you like hot and spicy chicken, actually, that's all they sell so if you dont like hot and spicy chicken I would suggest you stick to Burger King etc.
I had Extra Hot Chicken Wings last night, just to try it, and I have to say that it was a BIG mistake!! It is definitely "toilet roll in the fridge time" today! My ass iss glowing! If I did a hand-stand you would be able to see me from space!! But dont let that put you off! Go try it for yourself!
C'mon Portugal!!!!

4 Comments:

  • It's okay to switch alliances when there's a pretty girl (or guy) involved.

    The Portugese in Toronto are hilarious. They cheer for their home country, and then, once Portugal gets sent packing, they mysteriously become Brazilian. They are also known to pretend to be Spanish, although that won't be too helpful in this WC.

    Germany! France! Possibly England!

    Anybody but Brazil, Portugal or Italy please. They are always fighting each other here, it will be great once they all get sent packing...wishful thinking, I know.

    Cheers,
    AM

    By Blogger Anne-Marie, at 1:55 pm  

  • Are you sure your ass is glowing from the chicken? I thought I just read your offering up Del to put a drumsitck there. Maybe I am too mental as you say to get it straight but just trying to sort things out so I can keep up.

    I say show a little leg and perhaps a little kick of your own SOCCER ball. (Notice I didn't say FOOTBALL because of my own deal beloveds love of the American sort and my loyalty there). I bet that will get her reved to see your odd sock collection. She may even stay a bit and sort them for you!!!!

    XX-Molly

    You are now on "THE LIST" lol:

    MY BLOG

    By Blogger Fleur de Bee, at 10:01 am  

  • DEAR BELOVED'S..told you I don't proof read!

    By Blogger Fleur de Bee, at 10:02 am  

  • Argh,
    It's all your fault Portugal won!

    I'll also point out that the Canadian English player managed to get the ball past the Portugese keeper...

    I put as curse on Brazil, myself. I thought that turned out rather well.

    Cheers,
    AM

    By Blogger Anne-Marie, at 2:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home