AndyfromSpiny

Monday, August 14, 2006

Like a Virgin?? Who doesn't??

You might have noticed that the Spiny Boys (myself and Delbut) have been a bit quiet this last week or so!!
THERE IS A PERFECTLY GOOD REASON FOR THIS!!
We have been preparing for our WORLD TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the unprecidented and totally unbelievalble success of our festival gig (read into that what you will!!) we have been asked to join Madonna on the rest of her tour of 2006!!!!

What a total suprise eh????? We were as stunned as you obviously are! Unfortunately the ticket prices of the show have now been increased by 20% because of our inclusion and some sections of the Madonna fan club have decided to ban the shows in protest!
F*ck em I say!! If they were willing to pay the prices she was asking then a few pennies extra wont make a dent in their phsychiatric bills!
We at Spiny will not let this detract us from our goal of bringing our brand of music to the unsuspecting masses!! Madies tour is called "Confessions on the Dancefloor" and as a mark of respect we have called our small part of the show "Confessions of 4 ageing Rock Wannabe's On the Downslope" and we have decided to change the name of the band to "SOLD OUT" just for this one-off tour! Just take a look at the Mad-ones web-site to see how we've been included in the advertising for the tour!!! (she actually personally called me and thanked me for helping her sell tickets!!!)
None of this would have been possible if it wasn't for the success of our festival gig a few weeks ago! Success breeds success as they say!!
Time to get back to rehearsals.......we are trying to do a punk cover of Like A Virgin...but Delbut keeps falling off his stool laughing!!!
Ah well, there's always a chance for us to ruin American Pie just like she did!!
I'm sure Delbut will shed some light on the matter soon? Eh Del?? Over to you!

14 Comments:

  • Ah... Andy. I wasn't going to announce this just yet. Just like townshend and Daltrey, it seems the messages are mixed from within the band. Has she signed the contract yet? I'm not on that stage until she does. Bitch.

    By Blogger Delbut, at 7:04 pm  

  • Hey Andy, thanks for the compliment. Hope you found at least a couple of tunes that gets you going in one direction or another. I understand Delbut is going to crack the whip and get something going from the recording end of it. Of course, I'll be waiting with much curiousity. I must warn you though, I'm not much of a cheerleader, so the compliments with regards to anyone's music is neither automatic or abundant in nature. However, something tells me Delbut has a few tricks up his sleeve, I'm sure the tunes will be great. Good Luck with it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 pm  

  • Good luck with the tour! Forget those whiny madonna fans who are boycotting the concert! You guys will do great, and I'm sure Delbut will get on that stage, right?

    Take care.

    By Blogger Metalchick, at 8:24 pm  

  • If you need backup dancers then Black Velvet Lace and myself have this little dance we do where we run around naked on Delbuts blog. I am sure it is not as naughty as Madonna herself but it could be a good filler for your act!

    Think on it :)

    By Blogger Fleur de Bee, at 8:01 am  

  • mmmmmmm I'm thinking, I'm thinking!!!!

    By Blogger Spiny, at 1:37 pm  

  • MOLLY!!!!!

    ::Jus starts laffin and falls offa her chair::

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 3:55 am  

  • Well I wouldn't be thinking Spiny, I wouldn't be thinking............

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 pm  

  • Ahhhhhh That's my girls!! Any chance of seeing this dance routine on a webcam any time soon??? Not sure about naked tho!!! "Scantily Clad" will do just nicely!!! mmmmmmmmmm

    By Blogger Spiny, at 7:40 pm  

  • Andy, I just read your profile from the band. Your hobbies are disgusting???!!!! Will I have to start spanking you like some *other nameless person* we both know?!?!?

    ::tries not to laff:::

    ps your pic is hot!

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 6:01 am  

  • Ahhh Lace, you sweet talking thang you! Unfortunately I'm not that type of boy,,,,well, not unless you ask nicely!!
    Thanks for visiting the site tho, really appreciate that.There's a really old -and bad- sound clip on the setlist page which will give you a rough idea of what we sound like, it's before delbut joined us and we'll be updating it soon with some new recordings with the current line-up.
    www.spiny-norman.co.uk

    By Blogger Spiny, at 10:25 am  

  • before you post that new audio, andy, i'll have to over-dub a load of shit on it. namely my drumming.

    BTW. Did you get the cd off the bloke?

    By Blogger Delbut, at 9:21 pm  

  • Alright, Andy, time for a new post!! You can only read the same post so many times, and since I can't read, it's even more aggrevating. Rumour has it you're putting up some stuff? When and where, man? See there's lots of questions to answer, so step it up man!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 am  

  • Since you are not that kind of boy then what if I come in here claiming to be a virgin? Will that work? I will ask nicely LOL.

    Lace what do you mean you fell off your chair...we were on the floor to begin with dear! (heheh)

    ::runs out of the room....still naked::
    XX-M

    By Blogger Fleur de Bee, at 11:48 pm  

  • Hey, I forgot to come back to this post to see if there were responses.. and here I am and there are!!

    Andy, I'll go listen to the clip, but right now I'm too sad. Rachel played in NYC tonight and I wasn't there. I just watched Roger and Pete on Letterman tho.

    ::Sighs::

    Molly, you kill me.

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 5:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home