AndyfromSpiny

Friday, July 07, 2006

Stirring things up!

I'm in work writing this so shhhhhhhhhh!!!
Being a chemist is all good fun but it does have it's boring moments!! Making stuff and occasionally blowing things up can be quite invigorating, but just sitting there watching something stir is as about as exciting as snail racing. So I thought I'd ramble for a bit on here to help the time go quicker until I can go home.
I've been a Blogger for two weeks now! wooohoooo, No longer am I the "new kid on the blog"!!! I dont think I've managed to upset anybody (yet) and it's only Delbut who's threatened me with bodily harm! So all in all it hasn't gone too bad! There are some really nice, fun people out there, this is truely a global thing isnt it!? It's so nice to meet people from the other side of the planet!

Let me go check on my stirring stuff a mo.....

......right, I'm back, sorry about that! My stuff has gone black!! I hope that's supposed to happen!!!
Anyway, unlike a few people I've met on here I'm not big into writing my own music or songs. I am not afraid to admit that I am totally telentless when it comes to that!! I tried writing one a week or so back in honour of the soccer World Cup. It was entitled "Balls Bouncing off the Crossbar" and was quite catchy. I sent it off to the BBC to see if they'd like to use it for their TV coverage and they replied saying that they already has something for the soccer but they would love to use it as the theme tune for their coverage of the Tour De France Cycle Race! We'll see.

My brother and I wrote a song a long time ago that we wanted to use in Spiny, it was about a shepherd boy who has found a world war 2 bomb in the field where he keeps his sheep and he has only 5 minutes to get the sheep out of the field before it blows up. We called it "let's Get The Flock Out of Here" but it never sold! Shame.
Right, back to some chemistry....man, I hope it's supposed to go black!

1 Comments:

  • ::Points to his last blog entry, referring to sox. Her response is pertinent to this entry::

    ~Lace~

    By Blogger BlackVelvetLace, at 5:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home